Bartender Talk: What is TIPS And How Do I Get Certified?
What Is TIPS Certification?
You’ve obviously been giving a lot of thought to your future and have decided on a career in bartending. Bartending is one of the best jobs that you can get, offering flexible scheduling, great working hours, and excellent pay! You’ve investigated, and there are a few things you want to know. Your main question is, do you need a bartending license to work as a bartender in California? Getting Your Bartending License Going to school and getting your bartending license provides you with experience behind the bar. You must go to a physical school for this, not an online school, as an online school will not adequately prepare you to work behind a bar.
Experience is the key to getting a good job in the bartending profession. Bar owners and managers are extremely hesitant to hire bartenders with no experience – it basically doesn’t happen. Nobody wants to hire someone to staff their bar who lacks the skills and has no idea what they’re doing. One of these skills is TIPS Training. TIPS® Certification TIPS is a sought-after skills-based training program designed to prevent intoxication, drunk driving, and underage drinking by enhancing the fundamental “people skills” of servers, sellers, and consumers of alcohol. TIPS gives students the confidence they need to recognize potential alcohol-related problems and intervene to prevent alcohol-related tragedies. eTIPS eTIPS is the official online self-paced certified course, designed to deliver state-approved responsible alcohol training and certification for managers, bartenders, servers, hosts, bussers, valets, cashiers, clerks, hawkers, casino workers, and concessionaires over any Internet-connected device, anytime. Top employers prefer TIPS Certification the global leader in online alcohol training and education because:
● TIPS is recognized by more industry leaders
● There are millions of participants in all 50 states and 50 countries
● It’s mobile device friendly (Smartphone, iPhone, Tablet)
● The curriculum exceeds liquor liability insurance requirements
● It is relevant, establishment- specific, course and &content
● It’s fast and easy course at the best price nationwide
● It’s safe, secure eTIPS program access
● It only takes two to three hours of an online course for a three-year certification, and only costs $40 (all-inclusive)
● You have two exam attempts included to ensure successful certification
● It has U.S.-based customer service and support
● There are English/Spanish online courses
● There is a group corporate passport program TIPS Features
● How to spot minors
● How to prevent sales to minors
● State alcohol service laws
● How to detect fake and altered ID’s
● Proven intervention techniques
● Establishment – minimize property damage, prevent intoxication, protect your business and investment, mitigate fines and administrative actions against your liquor license, establish a legal defense, stay in compliance with state regulations, receive applicable insurance rate discounts, prevent drunk driving, and improve standing in the community as a responsible vendor of alcoholic beverages
● Staff – restrict the sale of alcohol to minors and intoxicated guests, improved customer service and professional alcohol service, proven intervention techniques, penalty, and fine mitigation, a certification recognized by the courts as the standard in alcohol training and education
● Community – reduce incidents, taxpayer impact, drunk driving, assault, domestic violence, and minimize property damage or loss
Call us at (213) 380-3200, National Bartending Schools of Southern California.
Call Us Today!
Now that you’ve familiarized yourself with the value of TAPS training you’re more than ready to take the next step towards a bartending career! Call your local National Bartending School via our contacts page, and find out about affordable and convenient bartending certification!